Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Mistake…

I thought he was mine
And no one else's…
I thought he would only like me
For the rest of his life like he promised
So I didn't hold on
And put him as a last resort
When he flirted with me
I didn't reply
Acted as if nothing was going on
Once I realized that I didn't like him
I diverted my attention away from him
Still clinging to the fact that
If it didn't work out with others
He would still be there for the taking
Dad didn't allow me to date
Till after high school
Told him to wait two years
He seemed to agree…
Who knew circumstances would change?
He has found someone else.
At first I thought it was to make me jealous
But his tone was serious
He seemed to have cast me aside like I had done to him
I realized now that my selfishness had caused our relationship to crumble
I still feel that pain in my heart
Like I can't take it anymore
First time my tears dropped for a guy
I dread the thought of tomorrow
And whom I will see
The one who broke my heart
Will be the first one I face…

*The End*

1 comment: